Don't Open Your Mouth When:
1. In the heat of anger
He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.
2. When you don't have all the facts
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
3. When you haven't verified the story
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses,
shall he that is worthy of death be put to death;
but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
4. If your words will offend a weaker person
1 Corinthians 8:11
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
5. When it is time to listen
A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
6. When you are tempted to make light of holy things
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God:
for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
7. When you are tempted to joke about sin
Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
8. If you would be ashamed of your words later
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9. If your words would convey the wrong impression
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise:
and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
10. If the issue is none of your business
The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.
11. When you are tempted to tell an outright lie
Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
12. If your words will damage someone else's reputation
An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.
13. If your words will damage a friendship
A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
14. When you are feeling critical
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men,
which are made after the similitude of God.
15. If you can't say it without screaming it
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
16. If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends and family
1 Peter 2:21-23
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
17. If you may have to eat your words later
Death and life are in the power of the tongue:
and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
18. If you have already said it more than one time
A foolish son is the calamity of his father:
and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.
19. When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person
He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous;
him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
20. When you are suppose to be working instead
In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
" Whoever guards his mouth & tongue keeps his soul from troubles"