1. Call the airline to make a reservation for your animal. travel with pets, you should call ahead of time to give yourself enough time to find a pet safe flight. Purchase a pet carrier. carrier that conforms to your airline's size requirements Your pet must be able to fit "comfortably" in his carrier, which means that he can stand up, lay down and turn around. The carrier should also be leak-proof. Carrier requirements range from 23" to 17" long x 16" to 12.5" wide x 10" to 8" high; check with your airline for exact requirements. Get your pet comfortable in his carrier
2. Make sure you tag your cat with an identity card or other means of identification to assure her safety. Do not also let her loose, she might run away. Generally animals suffer from motion sickness. If you are traveling in a car, first make your pet accustomed to the car. Take it for a few short rides in your car everyday one week before you fly in a plane with This may lessen the effects of motion sickness.
3. Make sure your animal has taken a meal three hour before you set off on any journey. If you are planning to stay overnight in some hotel or lounge make sure there is an arrangement for your pet. You must bring your cat's food and water from the home itself.
4.When traveling by plane, call the airline in advance to check out regulations and services and to make reservations. Some airlines allow pets in the cabin, but you will need to purchase a special airline crate that fits under the seat in front of you.
5.Do not leave your pet in a parked car when the temperature and/or humidity are high or when temperatures are near or below freezing point.
6. People who want to bring their pets as accompanied luggage should apply for this NOC before they enter the country through their appointed agent or you yourself just send a copy of all the pet certificates you got, your passport copy, air ticket copy, Airway bill of your pets and send it to your friend or relative in India . He/she can go to the quarantine office in India (The airport where you are landing ). They will give the NOC the very same day or at the max next day. Its free of cost to get the NOC.
7. The documents required for obtaining this NOC include all vaccination records of the pet; Government issued veterinary certificate from the exporting country; USDA document with the Annexure I/II in case of USA; flight details / confirmation of the passenger's travel into India / copy of the airway bill; and veterinary certificate.
Each Pet is identified by means of a microchip. As such microchip implantation has to be done through a Veterinarian physician.
8. To avoid losing your pet during a trip, put an ID tag around your pet. Attach Live Animal stickers with writing at least one inch tall must be present on the sides and top of the crate. Make sure there is a Thick Padding for the crate. (Additional padding for longer transports), Enough food for transport labeled and in a Ziplock bag. A Full body harness for Dogs that need to be walked or a properly fitted collar, Small bag of cat litter for Cats being transported, Fax or mail in our contract and Emergency release form. The USDA requires all pets need a Valid Vet health Certificate. Please make a copy of the pets health cert. as well as a copy of the rabies vaccination
9. Separate forms are prescribed for moving dogs and cats. Mark the crate with "Live Animal - This side Up" and include your name, address and telephone number. At least two water bowls attached to the door, filled with Hydration Gel and dried food must be attached to the top of the carrier in case there are any flight delays. Your pet's travel crate must have ventilation holes on all four sides. All kennels must be marked with the last time and date the animals and timings they were fed and watered.
10.When you board the aircraft, inform the captain and flight attendant that your pet is on board and require that they confirm to you that your pet has been loaded. If you do not have access to the captain, give the flight attendant a note for the captain in which you ask that he or she assure you that your pet has been loaded and is, in fact, on board.Claim your pet as soon as possible after you reach your destination.
11. Never change planes without claiming and rechecking your pet, even if the airline gives you this option. Attach a label to the crate with the flight information, destination, arrival contact name and number, as well as any special instructions for handlers. Place labels with the words "LIVE ANIMAL" in letters at least one inch high with arrows pointing upright on all sides and an additional label without arrows on the top. We suggest including a friendly note printed on the top as follows: "Hi, I am
12. India allows you to bring in one pet per visitor. If you are traveling from the US they require the State USDA stamp.
If you are traveling from the US or another country with a low incidence of rabies then they require the offical veterinary certificate stating the pet is healthy, free of parasites, free of Aujeszky's disease, distemper, rabies, leichmaniasis, and leptospirosis.In the case of cats rabies and distemper. India also requires that you obtain a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the quarantine center in India.
If you are traveling from a country where rabies is known to exist then the pet must be vaccinated against rabies at least one month and not more than twelve months prior to travel to India. Some Airlines will refuse acceptance of any animal that is exhibiting aggressive behavior or does not appear fit to travel.
13. When you are reserving a ticket in the Airlines make sure you get all these details such as Details of animal:, Type/Breed, Name of Animal:, Age of Animal, Total Weight (Combined weight of Animal + Kennel in pounds.),* Kennel/Container Size:length width and height in inchs.
14. Airline Approved Kennels can be purchased from most pet stores or online. This the sample chart :
Animal Height (Inches) Kennel
(Inches) Actual Kennel Weight
18 13 100 21L X 16W X 15H 7 $45.00 USD
25 17 200 27L X 20W X 19H 13 $50.00 USD
70 24 400 36L X 24W X 26H 24 $80.00 USD
121 28 500 40L X 27W X 30H 32 $95.00 USD
15. Make sure you have all these papers are ready, Airline Acclimation certificate,
Recent vaccination copy for pet (rabies vaccine needs to be older than 30 days but no more than 365 days old), Copy of owners passport,NOC, Estimated arrival date, Application form stating the details of your pet including health status
Qatar airways charge $175/animal, Delta Airlines $200/animal For more details and accurate information about pet policy and other detail about prices of animal call airline reservation directly.
Note: God created all the animals (Psalm 104).All animals belong to God. We are answerable to God for our treatment of animals. A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10.We must recognize that the welfare and protection of animals is an essential part of our responsibility. God cares for the animals (1 John 4:16).We must all do what we can to secure the well-being of all animals who, with ourselves, inhabit the earth and so fulfill the creative joy and purpose of Almighty God.
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless." Proverbs 31:8
Source: Compiled from various internet source for information only.