The Holy Bible is given by the inspiration of God and the Holy Spirit. And it is called the word of God, Word of Christ, Word of truth, Scripture of truth, Holy Scriptures, Book of the Lord, Sword of the Spirit, Oracles of God and the Law of the Lord.
God gave us the Bible for many reasons:
1. So we can know who He is. (Psalm 100:3),
2. To know that He (the Lord) is the one and only true God. (Jeremiah 10:10)
3. To know His words are always true (John 17:17 Psalm 119:42 Psalm 119:74)
4. To learn about people from the past. Romans 15:4, 1 Corinthians 10:6),
5. To understand we are sinners. ( Romans 3:23 Ecclesiastes 7:20)
6. To know that Jesus is God, and that Jesus is the Son of God.( 1 John 5:5 , John 1:1)
7. To show us we need a Savior. (Acts 4:12 , 2 Corinthians 5:21)
8. To know how to live. (Proverbs 8:33 Psalm 86:11),
9. It equips us to serve God (2 Timothy 3:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12),
10. It shows how to be saved from our sin and its ultimate consequence (2 Timothy 3:15)
11. To give us guidance in life, making us wiser than our teachers (Psalm 32:8, 119:99; Proverbs 1:6) etc
12. It is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
13. To know that man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4).
14. To know how much God loves us (Romans 5:6-8; John 3:16).
15. To learn about Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection on our behalf (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:8).
16. To give us hope (Romans 15:4)
17. It gives us strength to do good things (1 Peter 2:2; Ephesians 3:3-5, 16, 17).
18. Our peace would multiply (Philippians 4:6-9; Psalm 85:8).
19. Our patience in difficult times would be maintained (Acts 20:32; Ephesians 4:1-3).
20. It helps us to cleanse our ways (Psalms 119:9) and to keep us from destructive paths (Psalms 17:4)
21. It promotes us to grow in grace (1 Peter 2:2) and Building up our faith (Acts 20:32)
22. It is Used against our spiritual enemies (Matthew 4:4, Matthew 4:7, Matthew 4:10)
23. It says that who search scriptures, are truly noble.( Acts 17:11)
24. It says that those who hear and obey, God blesses them.( Luke 11:28, James 1:25)
Final Conclusion: Ignorance of scriptures will be ignorance of God and Jesus Christ, by not reading and not meditating on the scriptures will allow us to be Alienation from God(Ephesians 4:18) ,to live in sinful lusts(1 Thessalonians 4:5, 1 Peter 1:14), to live in error(Matthew 22:29), not be able to identify the false preachers . If you do not read bible, sin increases, abortion increases, temptation increases, moral declination increases, sexual sins increases, violence increases, marriages fails, families fall apart, divorce increases, Single parent families increases, suicide increases, wickedness, unrighteousness and hypocrisy increases,Adultry and Premarital sex increases, Living together relationships increases ,Violent crimes such as Robbery, Assault, Bombings,murder,Alcohol and drug abuse , Extortion and Gang warfare, wars,Gunshootings,and crimes of all kinds increases, moral pollution increases, corruption in the Government and among the people increases, sexual perverters and sexual predators will increases, Division in the church members increases, God haters will increase. And finally because of all this many souls will land up in eternal fire.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:15-17