Despite of Differences,Come Unity in Jesus Christ!

Why do Catholics support Pro-Life issues so strongly?

One of the commandments given to Moses by God was, "THOU SHALT NOT KILL." (Exodus 20:13). Catholics believe that at the moment of conception new life has begun. The Bible very strongly acknowledges life in the womb in both the Old and New Testaments:


OLD TESTAMENT

(Eccl. 11:5) - As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

(Gen. 25:22-25) - And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of the Lord. And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

(Psalm 127:3,4)) - "behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is His reward."

(Isaiah 44:2) -Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee form the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou Jesurun whom I have chosen.

(Job 31:15) - Did not he that made me in the womb maketh him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

(Isaiah 49:1) - Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

(Jer. 1:5) - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

NEW TESTAMENT

(Gal. 1:15-16) - But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood;

(Lk. 1:41) - And it came to pass, that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost (Elisabeth's unborn baby greets his unborn savior in Mary's womb).

No comments:

Post a Comment